Saturday, January 25, 2014

More December fun..

 This year with Ryan being in the marching band meant marching in the Christmas Parade.  We with some crazy weather the city had to postpone the parade twice.  Which actually worked out great for us because both nights they postponed it we had something going on with church activities.  I was teasing saying Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways (even though it could be true).  Finally the day of the parade came and while we waited we (since we had to be there early to drop Ryan off) we ran into a friend and we went and took some fun pictures.  She loved having other faces for some test shots.  Andrew was a great for her, he was loving getting his picture taken.  My camera has been acting up lately so I was grateful to have met up with her.  You will probably recognize her from some of my soccer posts.  Her son and both Clark and Ryan have been playing together for the last five years (or so).
 
 
 
 
 
 I didn't get a picture of Ryan in the parade that turned out but here is the beginning of the band with the drum majors.
 Enjoying the parade.


Decorating Christmas cookies.  Emma and Andrew were having a blast decorating the cookies.  Emma and I would frost them and Andrew would put the sprinkles on them.  Yes, he usually just pour it in the center of the cookie but he was having a blast.  He would get mad when Emma would say she got to do a certain cookie.  Clark came in for a few minutes and helped, he didn't stay too long.  I think I have a few bakers in the future.  
 


 On Christmas Eve, we were able to drive up towards Birmingham and take Elder Zundel and his companion Elder Price to lunch.  It was a great outing and the kids were so excited to see their cousin after about eighteen months. 
 The boys.  Yes, Clark is taller then Elder Zundel and that made his day.  I think he thinks it is great to be as tall as he is.  But for me, I am having a hard time trying to buy clothing that is long enough to fit his length in pants and shirts.

We had a wonderful Christmas Morning.  The kids were up around five am, trying to get us to get up out of bed so they could go into the front room and see what Santa had brought them. 
Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year, it makes us reflect on what we have and who we got it from. I am one of those people who love to leave the Christmas tree as long as I can.  I think I finally took it down Jan. 2.  Even though I love it up I was ready for my room to be back to normal.
 The best part of the morning was the excitement from Andrew.  He had asked Santa for a Spiderman bike and helmet. When he saw that he jumped for joy.  Just to see that was worth it. 
 Three of the kiddos enjoying Emma's karaoke machine.
Ryan playing on his new phone.

No comments: