Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter festivities 2014

Easter has come and gone, and as usual it was sneaky and before I knew it it was here.  I am glad we have the opportunity to have a ward Easter egg hunt and one at the library for story time.   Those opportunities help with being away from family.  We had a wonderful Easter Sunday, had some friends over for dinner and enjoyed their company, so glad they were able to come. 

Andrew was so excited for the egg hunt, they were told they could have x-amount and he just kept going.  I think he was trying to see if he could get them all. Luckily he didn't have too many more, we just kind of threw the extra back on the ground.





















With Emma just having her twelfth birthday and moving up in classes at church, she was excited to help with the egg hunt, but this year they decided they were going to let ALL of the youth eighteen and younger hunt if they wanted to.  So she able to hunt for another year, in which she was excited for.
Clark is one that still likes to hunt eggs, if he has the chance. I think it is all about the candy for him.  But that is okay because he was having fun with his friends that were there.
Ryan decided he was too old for hunting eggs.  Here he stole a friends basket so I had to get a picture.  I think he did pick up a few eggs, though.  Who can pass up getting some candy.

Easter Sunday-  I didn't get any pictures with their baskets due to the Easter bunny came and when Dad got up (for his church meetings) he hid them.  With dad, mom, Clark and Emma needing to be at the church early we decided we didn't need the distraction getting out the door.  When we got home (minus dad) we took a some Easter pictures, and the kids couldn't wait to get out of their church clothes.
Andrew has decided he won't take a picture without have to have a silly one too.  For me to get a good picture we have had to start having the silly one first.  So here are two silly pictures.  Crazy kiddos!!

Like I said we are so grateful for the local Easter egg hunts around here.  Andrew has been going to story time weekly, and they always have a hunt for the kids that come and others.  This years had to happen after Easter due to the rain we had the week before.  Yes, we have had a lot of rain this spring, and there was another storm coming in the day of this hunt.  Luckily it held off till after the egg hunt.  They decided to switch story time around and did their craft first, egg hunt and since the rain was still holding off they read their story.  It was a fun morning and I do want to thank the Library for hosting it.


No comments: