On Thursday March 6, 2014 I had to run a quick errand when the boys got home so I didn't have to drag Andrew with me. I had already finished and was on my way home when I got a phone call from Emma, and she had something for me and she was sad that I wasn't home. I told her I was on my way and I would be there in less then five minutes. As I pulled into the garage she was standing there with a bouquet of flowers. She had learned how to arrange flowers in her club meeting that day. This year she decided she wanted to be in the fashion club at school and they have done some fun classes. They only meet once a month but she has really enjoyed it. And didn't she do a great job with the arrangement? They smelt so good and I always love getting flowers.
Also on March 6, 2014 the youth in our ward (what we call each congregation in our church) were able to tour the Hyundai Plant in Montgomery. Since I am in the presidency and have children there I was able to go. I was really impressed how they put together a car. The tour was awesome and I really enjoyed myself. Since there were some cancellations Emma was also able to go with us and she was in heaven. She can't wait to be twelve so she can go to young womens.
The youth that went (plus a couple of photo bombers).
I had to have one to document we were there. :)
On March 7, 2014 we were able to go to the Elders Quorum"s activity. As you can tell it was a pine wood derby and it was an anything goes derby with the exception of no combustion engines and it couldn't break the track. Since we already had some cars from previous derby's we were ready to go. Emma wanted to race mine and Andrew wanted to race dads car. The cars were doing great till the wheel fell off dads car and we retired (I just got it, retired it) it and took it out of the races. Andrew was sad but there was nothing we could do. All in all the kids had a blast and now that I have pictures and some video Andrew wants to watch them and look at them over and over.

Racing each other. I don't remember who won but they had fun starting them.
If you watch closely you can see the wheel come flying off. Andrew just loves it!
March 8, 2014 was a busy but fun day. Clark ended up having a JV soccer tournament in Shelby Co. (no we didn't end up going, it was last minute and we already had things planned). They didn't do to well Friday (they had to play two teams they had already played and tied with one and lost the other) they ended up losing both games. Saturday's game turned out better they beat them and Clark was able to score again. So he has scored three goals thus far this year, which is funny since he mostly plays defense. Way to go Clark!!
Also that day was the Stake Youth Sports Day, and the kids had a blast from where I sat. Emma and Andrew were both able to go and enjoy some exercise too. I guess those are the perks about being a leader. The kids played kick ball, soccer, ultimate frisbee, softball and water balloon volleyball to end the activity. It was a lot of fun and sun.
This is what I get from these two silly girls.
After we got home dad decided we needed to mow the lawn. So while they were fixing the lawnmower to get it started and while the lawn was getting mowed Emma and Andrew hadn't had enough sun and exercise. Andrew loves to ride his bike and four wheeler.
Andrew and Emma riding.
Storytime and playin' at the park
Andrew loves to go to story time at our local library. We usually meet up with a few of his friends and they sing and dance, listen to one or more stories, make a craft and have a snack. It is a great out for him where he actually has to sit still and listen. There are days where we go and and he just wants to sit on my lap instead of sitting with the kids. He will go back and forth if they start dancing or the story gets really good, but for the most part he does really well, especially if his friends are there.

2/14/2014
We have taken advantage of some of the nice days and gone
to the park. Andrew loves to go and if I even just mention it in
passing he gets all excited and reminds me. A lot of the times if the weather is nice we will hit the park after story time. It is really nice having one of our parks right next door. Other times when us moms need a few minutes we will meet at another one of our local parks that is just a little closer. The kids have a great time playing and us moms get a small break and we all get some much needed fresh air. These are just some random pictures from different days while the kids were playing.
2/10/2014
3/10/2014
3/11/2014
4/1/2014
Being over the Beehives at church means they are in charge of a combined activity twice a year. Well our turn came up on March 18, 2014 and the girls decided they wanted to do a road rally. So we talked and chose some places to go to, and since I didn't want them to have the advantage of knowing where all the stops were, I turned it into a history type lesson from the area. There were three clues and to each stop, five stops in all. We were able to have five teams. Some of the drivers hadn't lived here long enough so some of it was great for them to see some of the history here. The youth (from what I hear had a blast) and some even want to do another one when it is a little lighter later in the evening, it did get dark about thirty minutes to soon.
The clues and answers. Yes, they were color coded.
Ryan's team
Clark's team.
(This was my team, I was the driver)
Poor guy, just got finished playing a game and had to be on a team of all girls.
















No comments:
Post a Comment