This year for April fools I wanted to try to play a joke on the family. I searched the internet for recipes that would be what I great. There wasn't a whole lot out there, I ended up at familyfun.go.com and they had some great ideas. I ended up making fish sticks and fries and it was yummy. The kids came in to dinner and saw the fries and asked what kind of fries they were because they didn't look normal. I said they were homemade fries and they went with that. The "fish sticks" were sugar wafers covered in peanut butter and rolled in cornflakes, the "french fries" were refrigerated breadsticks rolled in sugar. The kids thought that it was great. For dessert we had "pigs in a blanket" and a green salad.
April Fools!!!
Fish Sticks & Fries
I found this on a friends blog and I liked it and though I would repost, something fun to read for April Fools!! Thanks Emily for posting this.
Don’t give cherries to pigs or advice to fools. ~Irish Proverb Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. ~ Chinese Proverb Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings. ~ Welsh Proverb He who is born a fool is never cured ~ Proverb We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance ~ Japanese Proverb You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. ~Abraham Lincoln Even the gods love jokes. ~Plato It is better to weep with wise men than to laugh with fools. ~Spanish Proverb I have great faith in fools – self-confidence, my friends call it. ~Edgar Allan Poe Real friends are those who, when you feel you’ve made a fool of yourself, don’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. ~Author Unknown

No comments:
Post a Comment