Can you believe Clark is now 14? I can't believe that I have a child that old, boy how the time has flown by. It seems just like yesterday he was a baby. Now he is at least 6 ft, as skinny as a rail and very handsome. He is such a joy to have in our family. He is a big helper (when he wants to be). He is also great student and most of his classes are advanced, and he making A's. He is such a great leader, he has been the patrol leader in his scout troop and the deacons president for the last six months. The leaders love him and how he is always willing to help out. Yes, I know I am bragging but he probably doesn't hear it enough and it is his birthday so I have the right to brag a little!!
 |
| Clark's cookie cake he took to scout's to share |
We have had a very busy week, so we started his birthday celebration on Saturday. He chose to go to Golden Corral for his birthday dinner, surprisingly it was pretty good. Then we took him to get some ideas for what he wanted for his birthday. He wasn't sure so we came home and Dad took him out Monday to another store for some ideas. The one thing he really wanted were some headphones for the Xbox. So that was what we decided to get for him. From what I hear they are awesome, they pick up every little sound (even the raindrops) in the game. Since his birthday was on Wednesday and we are at the church for scout and mutual and he had the cookie cake there we ended up singing to him after 9:00 pm and finally cut the cake Thursday night. (sigh) what a week. I hope with all the commotion he still had a wonderful birthday!!!
 |
| Here Andrew is modeling them for you, he thought they were for him and was very distraught when Clark finally got them away. |
Clark also got some t-shirts, he likes the ones with the funny sayings across them. One of them said "Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody" and the other one said "It's not that I forget...It's just that I don't care" (I think that is what is says he has it on today so I can't go check). As long as they are fun and not vulgar sayings he loves them.
 |
| Look at all those candles, it looks like the cake is on fire! |
Andrew wanted so badly to help Clark blow out his candles. He stood on the other side of the table and tried to blow them out. He actually blew a few of them out and Clark (such a great big brother) let him keep trying. Once the candles were out Andrew started trying to get the candles out so he could eat them. Thanks Clark for letting Andrew help. Something else a friend told me was that they had walked into the cultural hall at the church and had told Clark Happy Birthday, her 4 year old son asked Clark how old he was and Clark answered 14 and then the little boy answered with "You are almost old enough to stay home by yourself now". How funny, is that. Kids say the funniest things!!!! When I went to upload the pictures to update this a lot of the pictures were grainy and blurry so I tried to pick the best and retook the one of Clark with his cake (not all lit up) the next day.
 |
| Please mom hurry up I am so tired of taking pictures!!!! |
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Clark! He is such a nice boy. So respectful and kind to everyone. I hope he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Clark! I am sad to see him move up at church. He has really taken Zack under his wings and showed him the ropes. He is a great leader!
what a fun mom you are! love it..and NONONONO he cannot be 14 yet.. where has the time gone?
Post a Comment