Saturday, April 2, 2011

Soccer...again


Isn't that how you are supposed to spend your Saturday? That's how we spend ours, watching the kids do something they enjoy, play soccer. Yes, I know I posted about soccer last week, but when it is in your life that is what you talk about and plus it was Clark's first game so I had to document it. To start things off I am going to start with Emma. She played goalie today and did a great job. From what she said she stopped more balls that she let go by. She wasn't able to stop three balls, but that is okay because she had never really played the position before and she did her best. Her team "the Highlighters" lost 2-3 but they improved from last week. It is fun to watch them progress each week.
Emma making one of her great saves

 Maybe if no one is watching I can grab the flag!

Back to Clark's game, he was so excited to get playing this season as he had asked us to bump him up to the older group. He had played with one of the teams last season when they needed another player and he liked it, it was faster paced and more playing time.  Today they had just enough players to play so he played the whole game. He did a great job, you can see the progress he has made since last season. His foot work has gotten so much better (if you know what I am talking about).  His coach was so excited to have him on his team, he was his coach last year (the coach when his team won the tournament last Spring).  Clark is a thirteen year old playing on an eighteen and under team (I think he is the youngest player out there), he makes up for his age by is height, he is just as big as they are.  The coach started him as a midfielder and at the end of the first half he switched to forward. 

He even scored his first goal of the season!!! He did some trickery, got around the opponent and kicked it straight into the goal!!! I am told I didn't get the move right because I didn't actually see the goal, I had taken the picture (below) pulled the camera down to watch, and the ball went into the goal, so hear are Clark's words on his goal, I dribbled down the field went one way stopped went the other way around the defender went back around another deffender took a dribble stopped and popped the ball over the goalies head. Just my luck to not get the picture, but then again I never do. One of these days I will be smart enough to know he is going to score and get the picture. His dad was so excited that he scored and so was his coach. Personally his coach was extremely excited for the move and the goal, he came running over to dad saying yea!!!



 Oh and by the way they won 4-2!!!




Andrew, just one of the guys.
Dad, Andrew and Preston just watchin' the game.


I don't know if I like the new Blogger, it has taken me forever to figure out how to post pictures with comments so bear with me while I try to figure it out.

2 comments:

Pugliani Family said...

Way to go guys and Emma! J starts soccer tomorrow and I can't wait!

The Hoyt Crew said...

don't ever feel bad about posting about soccer...we love it!!