Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Traditions!!

Isn't Easter a wonderful time of year.  I know here we celebrate it with the Easter Bunny and candy and yes it is fun and the treats are yummy, but we also need to remember the true meaning of Easter, the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Isn't it wonderful what He did for us;

"He died that we might live again, Lord Jesus, our Redeemer true,
He died on Calvry's lonely hill. His life he gave for me and you.
He rose from the grave on Easter morn,  Our Savior and our King.
He showed his love for all mankind. For his great love, give thanks
and sing.  Rejoice! Rejoice! and sing, sing, sing."
Children's songbook pg. 65

I hope that at this Easter time I can remember the true meaning of Easter and that we can thank our Lord and Savior for everything he has done for us.  I know I forget to sometimes but I hope I can do better.  


Now on to some of our traditions for this time of the year.
Dying Easter eggs
This is something the kids enjoy doing. This year Clark's parent's and Elizabeth came for a visit, and we thought we would wait for Liz to dye eggs, she decided she didn't want to and so we finally did them and the kids had a blast.  They love to try to do as many colors as they can on the eggs and then they have to decorate them with stickers, and this year they would lightly crack them so when they peeled them they were kind of marbled.  They looked kind of cool.  This year Andrew wanted to help but he was just a little too young, so I put him in his highchair and sat him up with us, he wasn't satisfied with that so I tried to have him help me by putting him on my lap.  That worked for a minute then he decided he wanted to do it on his own, think about it 21 month old + eggs + and dye.  Hmmm I think not!   











Easter Morning (actually afternoon)
Since Clark and my self had to be to the church early early for choir we took pictures after we got back.  Clark is the only one I didn't get with his Easter basket because he thinks he is just too old for that. Whatever!  But that is okay he is still a handsome young man and I still got a picture.   Then there is Emma who loves her picture to be taken.  I don't have to do too much to get her to pose for the camera. Now, Ryan it depends on the day whether he wants his picture or not.  I like to take pictures on Easter so we can look back and see how much the kids have grown.  One of these days I will have to compare photos to see how much they have grown.
They got a kite in their baskets and Emma is itching to fly hers.  One of these days we will have time to go to the park.



 
The kids got some bubbles with a very large wand.  Dad was blowing them and Andrew thought that was so awesome.  Some of the bubbles were very big and floated three or four house down the street.  We were quite impressed with them.  When you mention the word bubbles to Andrew he goes and grabs his bubbles so we can go outside with them.

Emma and her poses!!! Isn't she just so pretty?  She was so excited to get her new dress.  We were at JcPenney's a few weeks ago and she wanted a new dress, we decided to make her wait with her birthday and Easter she might just get a new one anyways.  She kept on me about her new dress especially since Easter was approaching.  I had gone to get the dress that she really wanted but they didn't have her size I found this one and she loves it, especially with the lace and ruffles at the bottom.
Clark 14, Ryan 11 3/4, Emma 9 and Andrew 21 months.
We couldn't get Andrew to cooperate so this is the best we could do.
Aren't they just so good looking?
The Draper men.
Clark was made a Teacher today at church, with his birthday the first of the month, bishop out of town the first two weeks, dad visiting another ward the third week, grandma and grandpa visiting the next week. It worked out just right to set him apart when we had family here, plus it was Easter, and when he was made a Deacon it was also Easter, How exciting!!!  We wanted to get a picture of the Draper men but by this time Andrew was done with pictures so we did what we could and decided we would just go with Clark R. (grandpa), Clark C. (dad) Clark J. and Ryan.
What a handsome bunch!!! (Notice: Clark isn't too far off being taller then his father. He thinks one of these days he will get there.  He already wears the same size shoe. )

Can you believe we already have stuff from our garden.  I can't believe it, it is only the end of April and we have radishes and we should have a tomato in the next week.  Yummy, I tried the radish and it was just right.  I love FRESH produce, I mean right from the garden fresh!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Easter. LOVE Emmas dress! So pretty!