I saw this on a friends status (thank you Nicki) a little while ago and I loved it. It took me a while to post it, I had forgotten about it and was cleaning off my computer and I found it again. Being a mother is tough some days but then are other days that are wonderful and that is why I love being a mom. Even though I loved what was written I added a few of my own to it.
Why I LUV...
BEING A MOMMY!
*wet, sticky kisses
*wide open arms being wrapped tightly around me
*wet, sticky kisses
*wide open arms being wrapped tightly around me
*little people climbing into bed with me when they want me to wake up in the morning
*little voices (I love how sweet childrens voices are - when their NOT yelling)
*watching them wave to me when they are supposed to be singing in the primary choir for Mothers Day
*little voices (I love how sweet childrens voices are - when their NOT yelling)
*watching them wave to me when they are supposed to be singing in the primary choir for Mothers Day
*hearing them say "I Love You"
*waiting for you to come tuck them in for the night
*watching them wave and blow kisses as the bus pulls away
*When the baby learns to say, "Mamamamama"
*Getting kisses (especially when they are just little and learning how to)
*When my kids come home from school, and the first thing I hear is, "Mom".
*When the baby learns to say, "Mamamamama"
*Getting kisses (especially when they are just little and learning how to)
*When my kids come home from school, and the first thing I hear is, "Mom".
*Watching them play soccer and getting excited when they have scored a goal or an awesome stop as goalie
*A Smile from a dirty face (preferrably clean face, but dirty works too)
*When I can have a "real" conversation with my older kids
*Small handprints on clean surfaces (I'm not making this up, I really do like this - it is the best thing ever to see a full, small handprint on a window or mirror - luv it!)
*Holding a new baby that I know just left the arms of God
*Singing nursery rhymes and primary songs together
*Having help with picking things up and mowing the lawn
*Being the recipient of homemade gifts and cards
*Having "helpers" to cook and pull weeds (even if it is usually a flower or desired plant that gets pulled instead) :)
*Bright eyes when something new has been learned
*Having someone say over and over again, "Look at me, mom. Look...Look at me"
*Get to read childrens stories
*Having an excuse to get to color with crayons
*Having an excuse to get to play in the little blow-up swimming pool in the yard (can you imagine what the neighbors would think if I didn't have kids, and they saw me playing in it?)
*Buying and playing with baby toys and dolls.
*I have someone to make "Mickey Mouse" pancakes for.
*Hearing from others, or seeing for myself, when my older children are making good choices, and remembering what they have been taught.
*A Smile from a dirty face (preferrably clean face, but dirty works too)
*When I can have a "real" conversation with my older kids
*Small handprints on clean surfaces (I'm not making this up, I really do like this - it is the best thing ever to see a full, small handprint on a window or mirror - luv it!)
*Holding a new baby that I know just left the arms of God
*Singing nursery rhymes and primary songs together
*Having help with picking things up and mowing the lawn
*Being the recipient of homemade gifts and cards
*Having "helpers" to cook and pull weeds (even if it is usually a flower or desired plant that gets pulled instead) :)
*Bright eyes when something new has been learned
*Having someone say over and over again, "Look at me, mom. Look...Look at me"
*Get to read childrens stories
*Having an excuse to get to color with crayons
*Having an excuse to get to play in the little blow-up swimming pool in the yard (can you imagine what the neighbors would think if I didn't have kids, and they saw me playing in it?)
*Buying and playing with baby toys and dolls.
*I have someone to make "Mickey Mouse" pancakes for.
*Hearing from others, or seeing for myself, when my older children are making good choices, and remembering what they have been taught.
"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children...What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else." Elder M. Russell Ballard

2 comments:
LOVE this photo!
Was that me??? I don't really remember posting that, but some of the things sound really familiar. Weather I posted it or not - I sure love the reminder. And yes, one of my favorite things is a full handprint on a mirror or window. That's why my windows never get washed!!! ha ha.
Post a Comment