Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter 2012

Sorry I am so late getting this posted.  Yes, I know Easter was last week but my week was crazy!  Easter has come and gone and sometimes I wish it wouldn't go by so fast.  I love the Easter season almost as much as the Christmas season. 

"He is risen! He is risen! Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free. Christ has won the victory."
                                                                                    
Here are a few of the pictures we took.   I just realized that I didn't get one of just the kids, so I guess there will be another photo shoot here in the near future.  I like to get them all together so we can look back at how they have grown.  Enjoy!
Yes, the Easter bunny was crazy when he gave all the kids a water shooter (type thingy).  But the one time they used them (Em and Ryan) they had a blast.  He also brought a lot of candy and if I hadn't taken Andrew's away he would have eaten every last bit of it and given himself a tummy ache.  He did actually get the stomach flu last week.  I think the worst thing to see is a two year old trying not to throw up.  I felt so bad for him.  He had a fever and slept most of the day, but by the time I got back from piano (dad stayed home with him) he was up and running around and his fever had left.  Isn't it funny how fast energy comes back in a little one?  I wish I had energy like that!
The Easter bunny also brought the older kids a kite.  They love to fly kites, thanks to their cousin Majerle, who brought one up camping one year.  I had actually forgotten how much fun they are to fly.  Em keeps asking when are we able to go fly them.
Ryan and his basket of loot.
Clark 
He is getting older he didn't want to bother with his basket, so we just took a picture of this very handsome looking young man!
The Draper men.
Aren't they just so handsome?
Everyone keeps asking if Clark is taller then his father, almost about 1/4 of an inch till he reaches him.  I think Clark is looking forward to being taller than his dad.  One day is all we say!
Carrson and myself.  The kids wanted to take a picture of us.
The Draper girls. 
How beautiful?
Andrew trying to blow bubbles.  He got a spill-proof bottle but he has a hard time blowing the bubbles out, he likes the bigger wands.  But he was loving it when some came out so he could chase and catch them!


Dying Easter Eggs
 With Easter here and a very busy week we were finally able to dye our eggs Sunday evening (yes, I know it is Easter Sunday but we still did it before Easter was over).  I remember dying eggs before Easter every year it was a family tradition, we would all gather around the table and take turns dipping our eggs in the dye.  Each year we would get a little more creative with our eggs, it's fun to watch my kids realize there is more then just doing one color on an egg.  I have to apologize with as busy as our week was I wasn't totally prepared to do eggs, I did have a kit from previous years but the stickers didn't want to stick and the wax crayons have somewhat melted.  They were still usable but I felt bad after the fact.  If  my kids are like me they will remember have fun and being together as a family and not all the little mishaps.  So enjoy the pictures!

Andrew figured out ho to dip the eggs by himself and he didn't want my help too much.  He was having so much fun that I couldn't get him to be done, so we just started dipping the eggs he had already done in another color, he didn't realize they had already been done he just liked putting them in an getting them out of the cups.  (When he gets old enough to read this I will probably get into trouble, but he was having a blast, and yes did scream when we were putting everything away.)



No comments: