On April 7th our scout troop had a yard sale/bake sale/car wash to raise funds for camp this summer. After spending Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights at the church getting it all set up we were ready for Saturday morn. We started of the morning getting to the church just before 6:00am, soccer fields at 7:30 and then back to the church to finish up and clean up the gym after the yard sale then home get the kids showered and off to Jim and Nick's for Clark's birthday lunch/dinner and then home to get ready for Easter Sunday. Yes it was a very busy day but it was a wonderful day!!
Inside the church where the sale took place.
Outside waiting for a car to wash.
Second week of soccer
I wasn't going to post any pictures except that Emma played goalie in her game and I had a great shot (if I say so myself) of Ryan. Posting things here help me remember things that I might other wise forget. Clark had a bye for last Saturdays games, which was great since it was also a youth temple trip. Yes, both Ryan and Clark went and didn't have to miss a game.. Ryan played an early game and a friend of mine took the boys home to get ready while Emma had her game. Thank you for your help (you know who you are), I really appreciated it.
Andrew and his friend. I was watching her while her mom was coaching another team and we turned around and it looked like they were dancing.
Some of Emma's great stops in the game. She did a great job, they won 2-1. The goal that went by was a penalty kick and she went one way and the ball went the other. Penalty kicks are hard but she did an awesome job stopping the rest of the goals!!
And we have a winner
On Monday I had gone grocery shopping earlier in the morning, I had been home for a little bit (making cupcakes for Em's school class) before I had to get to Emma's school to bring her cupcakes and pick her up for piano and I got a phone call from Publix. I thought to myself what did I leave there, I know I put my card back in my wallet, maybe something fell out while I was there. Nope, it was the bakery calling telling me that Emma card had been drawn and she has won a cookie cake and they wanted to know how we wanted it decorated. Here when you go to Publix you can get a free cookie card that they punch each time you get a cookie and when it is full it goes in a box that they draw from once a month. I was so surprised, one because she had won something and two it was her birthday. So I had them decorate it with a birthday theme. They did great, and talk about excited she was so excited when it registered what had happened. I told her as we were getting in the car from the school to look in the box, her reply was you got me a cake? No, you won it. The bakery at Publix, they drew your name this morning for the cookie. I guess it does pay to get free cookies at the bakery!!
Emma and her cookie
Way to go Emma that is awesome!!

No comments:
Post a Comment