Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring soccer games are in full swing!

After about five weeks of practice the kids have finally had their first game.  Em's team won, Ryan's and Clark's not so good, but they all did a great job. The kids are extremely glad that their games have finally started, they were getting ancy and wanting to get their games going.  One good thing this season is we only have to spend the day up at the field once or twice instead of almost all their games.  Yea!!
Sweet stop Ryan!!
He has improved so much this year.  They lost 6-2 and he let some easy goals go by, but as he told a friend, his defenders didn't help keep the ball out of the goal area. He really only had one of his defenders really trying to help keep the ball out of the goal.  A couple of the other teams goals were a one on one and those are tough anyway.  So great job Ryan, I am so proud of you!
Andrew and Mom.  Andrew looking cool in Em's glasses.
 Emma's reaction after getting hit right smack in the middle of her face.  She told me yesterday her nose still hurts.  But she did a great job, she bucked up didn't cry and went right after the ball.  She is one tough girl, she has to be because of her two older brothers that like to pick on her.
Clark was telling me I get the weirdest shots so I just had to put this on here just for him.
 Clark stopping the ball.  He did great in his game, there were times that he was chasing the ball and his dad commented that he'd never seen him run so fast.  He wasn't spectating as much (jk), I think he just gets better and better each year.  No goals scored hopefully next game.

I love watching the kids play, Clark will get after me after his practices about me not seeing an awesome goal or kick or even a trip because I was chatting or reading. I just tell him during practices is time for me to talk and relax and Saturday's games are for me to watch.  With Andrew that is tougher but I do it.   I just have to laugh, most of the times I do actually see what goes on in practice, us women can talk and watch at the same time didn't you know?


No comments: