Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Story time

 Today was story time at the library and the annual Easter egg hunt.  We hadn't been going to story time lately because the last few times I went Andrew wouldn't sit still and all he wanted to do was run and play, and when I tried to hold him he screamed for me to put him down.  I would get looks from the library staff and asked to go outside because he was being disruptive.  All I was trying to do was teach him that there are times we have to sit still, listen and be quiet.  So after three months I decided to try it again (a friend reminded me that it was the Easter egg hunt) so we went, and he did great!  He did try to talk and play, but all I had to do was look at him or remind him to be quiet, and he sat back down and listened.  He did get a little bit ancy after three books but other than that he did great (I did threaten that he I had to take him out because he wasn't listening he wouldn't get to hunt for eggs).  Needless to say he had a blast hunting eggs!
 
 
 Snacking on a cupcake
and some juice. YUMMY!!

What a fun morning, now maybe we can go to story time more often.

No comments: